Sunday, December 25, 2005

Despite my best efforts...

I find myself unemployed, homeless and have moved back in with my parents. Considering that as of three days ago I had a home, a job and was living in Washington D.C., this would seem to be quite the drastic change in fortunes.

I have decided to fully embrace my "bum-ness" for the two weeks that I am home, and as such, I have already created a complete and utter mess in my "bedroom", the kitchen our basement etc. I have been told that this is not appreciated, however I have come across a stock response which seems to befit the slacker lifestyle which I am (however briefly) embracing.

"Whatever"

So today being that merry day when Jesus hung ten and did other things of note, I've decided to get into the spirit a little bit. And when I say get into the spirit, I mean that this morning I woke up and thought to myself "gee, how nice that it is christmas, and how sad that I have no presents and a tree" then promptly cried myself back to sleep. When I awoke and remembered that presents were forthcoming in the evening, per my own, Jewish tradition, I rejoiced briefly, then again fell asleep. Remember, I'm a bum now. I can do stuff like that.

There are certain advantages to being home aside from the familial and monetary. Such as friendliness. If you've never been to Minnesota, I cannot recommend it enough should you find yourself in need of people who you can speak with at length for no particular reason. It is, as they say, soothing to the soul. I am not sure who "they" are, but rest assured that they have your best interests at heart.

I have now received my digital camera, and I have played with it enough to broadcast the following sequence of photos. I warn you, they may not be for the faint of heart...or for those who are unprepared to ROCK.

This is my brother Ari, hair gelled just so, with my disembodied hand of a sister to the left showing Ari the proper procedure for "rocking out." He is doing well





Training wheels are off, the driving instructor is no where in sight...and we can see the little guy rocking out all on his own! Yeah!

My brother is the king of awesome. Here he is rocking at a 7th grade level and he's only in kindergarten!!! Amazing!








For those about to rock...we salute you.

"Throw a hand in the air...if you'se a true playa"



Needless to say, my first 24 hours home have been a success.


It should additionally be noted that A) I have a cat and B) My other brother Noah is a lazy sack of sh*t. A handsome sack of sh*t, but one nonetheless. Since I have been home we have
watched, I believe, 8 movies. So I suppose that if we are to be keeping accurate estimates of laziness and numbers of sh*t in sacks...the number we should be counting now is 2. It is a category that I can tie directly to my "bumming" state without fear of repercussion.



As far as travel musings go in this space for today, I will only write that I am wishing each and every one of you the best and fondest of holiday thoughts, and that wherever you may be venturing to today or tomorrow, or even on Thursday, that you do so with care and grace and that all of the obstacles which may line your way may simply dissapear like so many snowflakes on my rather warm hands.

There are worse things in this world than having snow fall on your head, it is the things that are better than that event which are few in number.

No comments: