Thursday, December 22, 2005

If you clicked a link and found yourself here but don't know why

Well I'm going to tell you.

This will be a written and (hopefully) visual diary of the next 7 months of my life. My guess is that nothing in my life past the next 7 months will be of particular interest to those who don't know me very well.

However, here is why this site may be of some amusement to you, person-who-clicked-on-a-link; For the next 7-8 months, I will be traveling through London, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, South Africa, India, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and Japan. That's reason number 1.

Reason 2: I look funny in pictures, and I plan on taking many. Chances are that they will be pictures a) with wildlife in them b) with wildlife in the form of drunk Australians c) of me doing something stupid/dangerious. All pictures of this nature should be entertaining. At least for you.

Reason 3: I tend to talk a lot. I also tend to write a lot. I will probably be posting far to long, overly verbose and descriptive narrations of places I've gone and things I've seen. Feel free to use these to kill time while you are a) checking on your fantasy sports team b) supposed to be working but are bored out of your mind c) alternative to illegally downloading music. See, I write because I care.

If you care to, please read the posts below. They are sappy and sentimental and were largely written without any sense of irony, which is unfortunate. From here on out, all introspection or deep thought will be prefaced with *CAUTION! DEEP THOUGHT AHEAD*. Anything else will be light drivel and pointless banter.

So bookmark the site or close it down. Either way I'll be somewhere where I can't find out which you did for a while, so you can skip a ride on the guilty train. I leave on the 12th of January, so expect something worthwhile in this space in the time following that date.

No comments: